What does sponsoring a dinner do for the families of Paloma Place?
Sponsoring and serving dinner for our families will be a special experience. Sharing a meal helps families to relax and connect with each other prior to group. You and your group will have the opportunity to comfort hurting families while serving a meal.
What is my time commitment?
It only takes a little over one hour to make a difference. Group dinner times vary, so please note the scheduled time for which you’ve signed up.
What will I have to do?
A Potluck Partner sponsors, serves and oversees potluck dinners which precede the support group program, by carrying out the following tasks:
- Set up the kitchen before mealtime with food, plates, napkins, silverware, cups and drinks
- Greet the families and serve dinner
- Clean the kitchen and dining room areas after the meal & start the dishwasher
- Dispose of trash in the outside dumpster
What should I serve?
Dinner is geared for children (ages 6-17), as well as their caregivers. So, think of dinners that are more family friendly (i.e. pizza, tacos, casseroles, etc.). All that we ask is that your group not serve anything with peanuts or peanut products due to individuals with allergies.
How many families should I plan to serve?
The number of people to attend each group night varies but we ask that you and your group plan to serve about 20-30 people.
Paloma Place provides the following items:
- Cups, plates, napkins and utensils
- Coffee, lemonade & tea mix, water and pitchers
- Oven and microwave